Boys

Boys

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Out without a bang...

And so, the holidays are over. Over a month of preparation and in an hour and a half of ripping paper so carefully wrapped, one night of heavy eyelids to ring in the new year, and its all over. Benny was gone to his dad's and then with his uncle to snowmobile in Michigan. Gary was here being unusually pleasant and I'm wishing so bad we could extend our holiday vacation. Rick will go back to his usual grind tomorrow, Gary will go home to his dad's, Benny will be back and be his usual pre-teen self. My Christmas wish is to go back in time and enjoy this vacation to the fullest, with all my babies home, my honey home (and minus him throwing his back out). I'm not one to believe in wishes, but I do believe in prayer. I pray that this new year brings new closeness in my family, to get along in love and faith and friendship. I pray for renewed strength in God, I know He can perform miracles and can't wait to see what he has planned for us this coming year!

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,' declares the Lord."
-Jeremiah 29:11-13

1 comment:

Love it and leave it!