Boys

Boys

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

There are only three of us at the table...

Some girlfriends and I started a new group on Facebook, Accountable for Christ, and it is amazing! I've never been so inspired, it is just a great group of ladies and God has really been working thru all of us. I've been studying like crazy, posting and enjoying the ladies' comments and words of wisdom. I've been trying to get as much reading in as I can before Gavin comes home. The charge nurse feels that, at the rate he is going, he will be ready to come home in two to three weeks, as long as there are no setbacks. We have been calling the nursery after every feeding to check how much he's taken from the bottle. This is his last obstacle, taking the whole bottle to get to ad lib feedings.

So I went about my day, taking care of Aidan, taking care of poor Gary, who's been sick, reading, posting, visiting Gavin, taking care of Aidan, etc. I was so proud of myself for taking initiative to clean. I did three loads of laundry (although, one was wet in the washer from the night before, and I didn't quite put one away yet), I filled the dishwasher and started it (well, it was quite full from yesterday when I started, let's just hope everything's clean), made dinner (even if it was a frozen Stouffer's chicken and rice back, it had to be better for Gary's cold). I really felt accomplished. But I wish I would have had time to sweep and vacuum. And maybe do the dishes in the sink. And Aidan's and Gavin's clothes still need to be washed and put away. My final realization that my time management skills may need some work was when I was setting the table, or, trying to.


I reasoned with myself, there are only three of us at the table, we don't need much room. But I guess I have my work cut out for me tomorrow. And what might be my prayer request for tonight? Discipline to do my housework before I try to inspire the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it and leave it!