Boys

Boys

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Consider the Angels



I don't think of angels very much.  I know that people do, it's just a subject that has never peaked my curiosity.  Today, in my devotions, I read the story of Elisha's servant in 2 Kings 6:8-23.  The king of Aram sent his army to capture Elisha because he helped Israel avoid Aram's army.  When Elisha's servant awoke in the morning and saw Aram's army surrounding the city, Elisha prayed for God to open up the servant's eyes to see God's army of angels protecting them.
"And Elisha prayed, 'O Lord, open his eyes so he may see.'  Then the Lord opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha."
 Have you ever considered, as you leave your house for the day, that God has an army of angels surrounding you on your journey?  How does your view of God change knowing he has an army protecting you?  

Dear Lord, thank you for your protection as I sleep, as I wake.  Watch over my family as they start their days and keep them safe always.  Your love is amazing, thank you for showing me this verse and giving me the realization of all that you do for me without me even being aware!  In Jesus name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this reminder. I was just studying Gabriel with Mary this morning. I love the thought of their presence even unseen. We have no idea what they do for us in a given day. So cool! ~andy lee

    ReplyDelete

Love it and leave it!