Boys

Boys

Friday, August 2, 2013

Blossoms


I've been working on a new blossom.  I can feel that I'm blooming, although I will admit that I've been slacking this week.  I do need to clean the crock pot from the weekend, its been sitting since Sunday with the cover on it, but after falling down the stairs on Monday morning cleaning has been pushed to the side.  I've been working since I was 14 years old, I worked when Gary and Benny were little (a lot!), and the past three years have been my first experience as a stay at home mom.  I haven't always enjoyed it, I've never been very domesticated, so the cooking and cleaning was a lot to take in.  It seemed like, with each new baby, it got a little easier, if that makes sense.  At first I wouldn't cook anything that didn't come out of a box, and even that didn't turn out very good all the time.  I'm happy to say that I am now cooking from scratch almost every night, except for the occassional pizza here or there, or Rick cooking on the weekends.  I've actually been enjoying cleaning with homemade, natural cleaners, knowing how much safer it is for my family.  Am I bragging?  Absolutely not!  I know that I spend too much time on Facebook and too little time concentrating on my chores.  There are so many changes coming in our family and I'm ready!  We will start homeschooling Aidan and Gavin for preschool in a few weeks, and I've even chosen an infant curriculum to work with Isaac.  God has been calling us to make changes, concentrate on the most important things, getting involved in church, working with the babies, taking care of the house.  Every day is a chance to improve, a set of new challenges to accept, and having young children you get to experience the rewards daily.  Yesterday I decided to work on "please" and "thank you" with the babies, and Gavin surprised me by signing "thank you" all on his own, I didn't even know that he knew the sign for it!  Hopefully our next challenge of using the new potty will be as rewarding!

2 comments:

  1. I love how you reference being like a blossom working on blooming. I love cooking from scratch too, it's time consuming but so rewarding.

    Good luck on the homeschooling and potty training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I used to absolutely HATE cooking, I would rather clean the toilet, but I am really enjoying it now that I'm getting better at it!

      Delete

Love it and leave it!