Boys

Boys

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Listening to God



We have so many changes that could possibly be happening for our family, we have been praying day and night!  The one thing that I have been wondering is, how do you know if you are following God's will?  I struggle with this a lot.  Do you just lay it in God's hands and say, "if it's meant to be, it will happen", or do you work for it?  Surely God would still want us to work towards our goals.  In Genesis 29, Jacob worked worked for seven years to earn Rachel's hand.  But how do you know if you are just hoping it will happen so you do everything possible to make it work?  Is all this confusion a lack of faith on my part?  What I do know, is this change would require a greater responsibility on our part.  The patience God is requiring of us is most likely to consider what other changes that we would need to make to our lives, we would need to better ourselves, rely on God, and grow in faith.  What I also learned, is that it is ok to say, "Lord, I want this.  Show us what we need to do to make this happen, if it is your will.  But if it is not your will, spare me of the disappointment."  So we're praying.  We are trusting.  We are ready to accept God's will, even if it doesn't align with what we want.  

What decisions do you need to give to God today?  

1 comment:

  1. I think that this is a question that many believers struggle with throughout their lives. Through all that has gone on in the last two years over here, the sickness, moving, death, new jobs, returning to ministry, etc... I have learned this. There is nothing wrong with working toward goals, as a matter of fact we can not just passively sit by and wait for God to do something if we are not actively pursuing Him. However, I learned that the key to knowing what God would have us do is to seek HIM, his Kindgom, His righteousness. Not to chase after the blessing. I am now convinced in these two verses. Jeremiah 29:11 " I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to bring you harm. Plans to give you hope and a future. And then there is Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
    This means that even through death, illness, destruction, and disappointment, God will be glorified. He will use all those things, for good to those who LOVE God and are called according to His purpose. So no matter what the outcome is for what you are praying for is.....God will be glorified if we seek HIM always. I hope this ministers to you the same way it is ministering to me in some uncertainty I am facing in my own life. Love you Much, Dearest Friend! Paula

    ReplyDelete

Love it and leave it!